Keeping dentures clean is an important part of complete oral hygiene to prevent bacteria & fungus growth and odour causing bacteria. Soak denture daily in warm water with a few drops of dish detergent or your preferred cleaner for 5 to 10 minutes to soften the debris.
- line sink with face cloth or fill with water as dentures are breakable
- hold denture very carefully
- use a special denture brush & paste as ordinary brushes & pastes are too abrasive.
- lightly brush & gently taps between teeth to remove debris after every meal
- treat the underside the same as the top
First Few Days:
- positive attitude & patience are required
- wear as much as possible even while sleeping
- follow a softer diet than normal
- put less food in the mouth than normal
- speak slower then normal
- use a mirror to practice smiling, chewing & speaking
- excessive saliva is a normal response & will disappear within a few days
- if you have excessive discomfort see the denturist for an adjustment
If you have missing teeth see us for a free consultation. You owe it to yourself!
If you are a denture wearer we recommend you see us once a year for a check-up, your furnace or car are seen too!
Changes in mouth conditions are very subtle. The fit of the denture, mouth conditions & the denture itself need to be examined, to avoid costly procedures or surgery in the future.